Any job vacancies we are informed of will be displayed here, but if you are interested in working for your local town or parish council, it is always worth keeping an eye on the council noticeboard or website!
St Minver Highlands
Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer Vacancy
Part-time – 9 hours per week
Salary – SCP 26-29 pro rata
St Minver Highlands Parish Council seeks a part-time Clerk/ Responsible Financial Officer (RFO). Duties will include:
• Attending meetings on the second Tuesday of each month plus the Annual Parish
meeting and any further meetings required;
• The preparation of meeting agendas and taking accurate minutes of Parish Council
• Keeping accurate financial records, banking, invoices, payment of accounts and HMRC payments/wages etc;
• Taking action on resolutions passed by the Council;
• Administering Parish Council events and projects;
• Management and administration of the Councils contracts;
• Management of assets and insurances;
• Setting the councils budget, financial account preparation and liaison with auditors;
• Liaise with Chairman between meetings.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons, although training will be offered and enthusiasm to learn will be an attractive quality. The Clerk/RFO will be responsible for the administration of the business and finances of the council.
The Clerk/RFO will be an employee of the Council and remuneration will be for 9 hours per week. The salary scale is in accordance with NALC recommendations for Part Time Clerks/RFOs. The precise starting point for the successful candidate will depend on level of qualifications and experience.
St Minver Highlands is a parish in the Wadebridge Community Network Area, with a population of c.1,200. The Council's precept for 2017/18 is £37,500. The Parish Council consists of ten Councillors plus the Parish Clerk.
Closing date for applications is Monday 4th December – midday.
Interviews will be held in mid December.
FOR AN APPLICATION PACK PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com