CALC have partnered with Breakthrough Communications, who offer a wide range of communications and information governance training sessions designed for local council clerks, officers and councillors. Course titles include:
Communications - 5 courses
- Building a communications strategy for your council's public-facing communications
- Building a two-way conversation with the wider community
- Improving internal communication across your local council
- How to effectively engage with young people in your community
- Recruiting new councillors: strategies and tactics to find new people
Digital Communications and Engagement - 5 courses
- Creating an effective social media strategy for your council
- Using Facebook to enhance your Council's Communications with the community
- Beyond Facebook: how councils can make use a range of social media platforms
- Creating accessible council documents and content across different media
- Social Media Skills for Councillor
Data Protection and Freedom of Information - 3 courses
- Data Protection for Clerks & Officers
- Data Protection for Councillors
- Freedom of Information for Clerks & Officers
Chairmanship, Interpersonal Skills and Diversity within your Council - 5 courses
- Managing difficult people and conversations
- Emotional resilience skills for council officers
- Equality, diversity and inclusion training for councillors and officers
- Public Speaking Skills for Councillors
- Chairmanship Skills: How to Chair in-person Meetings and Events Effectively
Dealing with the Media - 3 courses
- Dealing with local and regional media - building relationships, dealing with interviews and how to get regular coverage
- Communicating through a crisis: how to manage a crisis from a comms perspective
- How to prepare for TV and radio interviews and how to get your message across
Councils will be invoiced by CALC at £30 plus VAT per delegate, per course.
Each course lasts 2 hours, is delivered via the Zoom online platform and is available on multiple dates.
One week's notice of cancellation required.
Sessions must be booked direct with Breakthrough via the link below.
For course details and to make bookings please visit: