Any job vacancies we are informed of will be displayed here, but if you are interested in working for your local town or parish council, it is always worth keeping an eye on the council noticeboard or website!
DEVON ASSOCIATION OF LOCAL COUNCILS
ASSISTANT TO THE COUNTY OFFICER
Starting Salary: £22,021 (NJC Salary Scale SCP 13) pro rata
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Appointment: from 1st May 2019
The Devon Association of Local Councils (DALC) seeks an individual to provide administrative assistance to the County Officer. The post holder will be responsible for the organisations communications and training administration.
The post holder must be a good communicator (spoken and written); be highly organised and have proven record keeping skills.
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday 29th March 2019. Interview Date: Tuesday 9th April 2019.
ST JUST TOWN COUNCIL
Salary scale: New SCP 4 - 6 (Full Time £18,426 –£19,171) when based on 37 Hours week + Membership of LGPS (Pension).
Hours: 15 - 20 hours per week
St Just Town Council is seeking a part time support officer.
The role is varied and demanding and involves working on both Town Council and potential Cornwall Council procedures (subject to a probation period of six months).
For further information and an application pack, please go to the St Just Town Council website at the following address.
Closing date: 5pm 2 April 2019. Interviews: To be held in May 2019
PERRANUTHNOE PARISH COUNCIL
PARISH CLERK/RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER
Part-time: 16-18 hours per week
Salary: SCP 18 to 28 pro rata dependent on qualifications and experience
Perranuthnoe Parish Council seeks a part-time Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer (RFO). Duties will include:
- Attending meetings on the third Monday of each month plus the Annual Parish meeting and any further meetings required;
- The preparation of meeting agendas and taking accurate minutes of Parish Council Meetings;
- Keeping accurate financial records, banking, invoices, payment of accounts, dealing with statutory pension requirements and HMRC payments/wages etc;
- Taking action on resolutions passed by the Council;
- Administering Parish Council events and projects;
- Management and administration of the Council's contracts;
- Management of assets and insurances;
- Setting the councils budget, financial account preparation and liaison with auditors;
- Liaising with the Chairman between meetings. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons, although training will be offered and enthusiasm to learn will be an attractive quality. The Clerk/RFO will be responsible for the administration of the business and finances of the council. Perranuthnoe is a parish in the West Penwith Community Network Area, with a population of circa 2500. The Council's precept for 2019/20 is £37023. The Parish Council consists of ten Councillors plus the Parish Clerk.
For further information and an application pack, please go to the Perranuthnoe Parish Council website at the following address www.perranuthnoepc.info
Closing date: 12 noon Wednesday 3rd April. Interviews: Proposed for Friday 12th April