Year-end Accounts and Audit
COURSE TUTOR: Steve Parkinson, The Parkinson Partnership LLP.
Steve is a former Town Clerk & an accountant with 30 years' experience in public sector finance, who specialises in advice & training for the local council sector.
This course is for officers who want to understand how to prepare their council's Annual Governance & Accountability Return and comply with the requirements of the audit process.
This session introduces the Annual Return and the stages of the audit process, enabling you to complete all the relevant steps correctly.
• Closing the accounts
• Debtors and creditors
• Assets and borrowing
• Internal audit
• Reviewing internal control
• The Annual Return
• Electors rights
• Publication requirements
By the end of this session you will:
• Be able to identify the steps needed as part of the audit process
• Understand how to close the council's accounts
• Understand how to complete the Annual Return
• Be able to correctly allow the exercise of electors' rights
• Recognise the need to review internal controls
This is an interactive session, you will need a device with a reasonable screen size such as a PC, laptop or tablet to be able to participate fully.
A number of these online sessions are being offered by Steve Parkinson to local councils and places are in high demand. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for forthcoming dates and to make a booking